Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Catching up

Sorry for not posting the last few days, but the life of a staffer is very busy.  My mornings start at 5:15 with the alarm and I am at the truck at 6 getting started on the work day.  They go until as late as 8:30 after I pay the meal bills and get the paperwork sorted out.  But I love it.

I got to ride again today, first time since Sunday.  Covered 45 miles, averaging 17 mph.  It misted, drizzled, and outright rained hard during that time.  We are in Hammonton, NJ tonight.  We head to Delaware tomorrow with a 90 minute ferry crossing from Cape May to Lewes.  Cape May is a world-class birding location during migrations.  Would love to come back and spend time spotting birds.  I missed this day 3 years ago as a nor'easter came in and ferry crossings were cancelled due to 15 foot high seas.  We had to shuttle riders 150 miles in the truck, vans, and rental cars.  More rain is predicted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment