Tuesday, December 31, 2013

J is for jersey

I started cycling in earnest in 1973. But I was strictly a tee shirt cyclist. I never owned a cycling jersey until 2003 when my brother-in-law gave me one as a retirement gift. So when I did my first CrossRoads tour, I had two jerseys and I did not bring the gift jersey with me. I wore running jerseys every day, saving the CrossRoads jersey for team days. Now I have a whole drawer-full of cycling jerseys. The photo is the 2014 special edition jersey for staff. Note that Team CrossRoads is on the side of the jersey. 


2013 is now in the books. I pedaled 5,041 miles this year. It was a bit more than the last two years but far short of the 7,500 miles of 2010. The longest ride was back in March at 66 miles when I rode in Arizona with friends. I cycled on 202 days for an average of 25 miles per outing. Long rides are no longer my thing as I no longer have to prepare for the long days of a tour. The fastest daily average was 23.1 mph, when a strong tailwind pushed me to the first SAG on the way to Guymon. 

The sun sets on 2013.  Happy 2014 to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment