Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I feel like Champ

I was the last one to leave the hotel, as usual, due to loading bags on the truck. Off into the headwind I went in pursuit. The fast riders were taking their time warming up. I was back with them after 3 miles. The pace was leisurely for a few more miles until Mike F. started a rotating echelon. Two of the nine riders wanted nothing to do with it. I did a few rotations until I noticed Chuck dropped out also. I went back to him and we rode easy to the Big Cowboy.

I had a chance to go as the others snapped photos. I had a two minute head start and rode TT style. The fast four wanted to catch me and it was not a fair fight. On John F.'s urging, they caught me 1/4 mile from the sag. Mike said I made them work too hard as he went by. Now I know what Champ felt like being chased by the Dalton Gang. Cheers to my XC09 mates!

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, The Big Dogs have materialized again. Just can't help it can they.

    ReplyDelete