Thursday, December 13, 2012

Road Music

Staying in a different hotel every night for seven weeks sometimes induces panic. My first instance was when I noticed that my heart rate monitor was not registering. I felt my chest and the monitor was not there. Did I leave it in the hotel? I called the staff who had just left and asked him to check my room. After a couple of minutes I found the monitor secured snugly around my waist. Had I lost weight or had I not moved it to around my chest?

Or, where is the bathroom in the middle of the night? To my right or the left as I get out of bed? I really need to go! To my surprise, I have no idea where I am in the middle of the night for a week after getting home from these long trips.

This past year, I did not have my wallet in my jersey at some point during day. I was more rational about it though figuring it was in my duffel. It was.

I have been researching music for the road to put on a mix CD for our SAG stops next year. This YouTube video will be a hit at the route rap in Riverside. For the un-initiated, we start the cross-country bike trip in El Segundo. Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WILyWmT2A-Q

Was that funny? Staff will be doing a sing-a-long.

2 comments:

  1. How did you stumble across that? Sure doesn't look like "our" el Segundo.

    I no longer feel the need to squeeze my bike tires in the middle of the night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on a list of favorite road trip songs that I saw on the Internet. The desert scene is either on I-15 or near Joshua Tree.. You can see the trees in the video. With tire liners, you do not feel the need to check your tires.

      Delete