Thursday, June 7, 2012

St Joseph

The riders crossed the Missouri River today. I was driving the truck so could not look at the river. The bridge over the river is in horrible condition. The road is only two lanes without a shoulder. A new four-lane bridge is being constructed adjacent to the current one and will be a welcome replacement. I remember being a little terrified crossing the bridge on the bike in 2005. With no shoulder and impatient drivers, it was nerve-wracking.

St. Joseph marks the city where I left the tour in 2005 due to numb and painful hands. I thought at the time that I would never again do another long distance tour. I am so glad that I reconsidered that thought. It is not just the riding, but the many wonderful people that I have met in the intervening years.

1 comment:

  1. If i recall correctly, Barry and Wendy must be very happy today.

    ReplyDelete