Sunday, June 17, 2012

A typical day

I set my alarm for 5:45 for most mornings. But it has awakened me only once. I shave and dress quickly and am out the door to put out the pumps. I collect the tour map, easel, and sign-in sheet from the lobby and put them on the truck.

I have some breakfast and then go to my room to get ready. Up to 15 riders are on dawn patrol early release so we load their bags onto the truck. At 7:15, the faster riders' bags get loaded. I typically ride to the first SAG. After a short break I go to the hotel in the truck and deliver luggage to the rooms. When the vans come in, I get the drink coolers ready for the next day and fill the ice chests.

I am off dinner duty now, but paid the dinner bills most of the time for the first month. It is a busy day and I am more tired on many days than if I was just cycling. I do enjoy all aspects of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment