Monday, May 17, 2010

Departing riders




Four riders will leave after Tuesday's ride into Memphis. Mark and Charlie will complete their journey along the Mississippi River and Valley after four years of riding it in various stages. Their previous rides were more or less self supported. Mark had his first century on Saturday. They are friends from Minnesota.

Lu and KimMarie are two of the strongest riders in this group, although they have shown a very relaxed, but proper, attitude. Lu did this tour to cross off Mississippi as the 49th state she has bicycled in and will notch the 50th, North Dakota, in the summer. KimMarie will do the Tour of Colorado this summer. Both have been ambitious in bike touring over the years. I enjoyed these riders' company and we will all miss them.


I finally got a good night's sleep last night. John has been snoring from the time he goes to sleep until the time he wakes up. All I could do was lay there and look across the room hoping that he would stop. Last night, I gave him a big smacking kiss and wished him a good night. He lay awake all night looking at me across the room and I slept like a baby! I should have done this with Rich last summer.


Hope you are LOL as it is an apocryphal story.

4 comments:

  1. I think Rich would have enjoyed that kiss and he would have slept like a baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the other side of the story comes out. Rich said he was drugged...

    What about the goat? Rich, are you reading this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if John is reading your blog. Tonight is the night he will try to sleep with one eye open...you've given yourself another quiet night I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddies cycling together and being roomies - just don't let my father talk you into a Glasgow kiss.....

    ReplyDelete