Friday, October 18, 2013

C is for cross-training

The time of the year has come when cycling outdoors can be an iffy proposition.  In fact, we had the first accumulation of snow this morning.  It will still be pleasant enough to cycle this afternoon, but I will instead do a little running.  I started a few weeks ago in anticipation of what everyone says will be a hard winter.  Swimming will also be part of the workout routine.  A run, followed by a swim.  That is the plan.

The picture shows my favorite place to run.  It is a large regional park with a grass circuit of 1.5 miles.  I prefer to train on soft surfaces as it is easier on the joints.  Of course, the park will be frozen over by late November and also covered in goose poop.  I am not the only one who likes this park!


No comments:

Post a Comment