Friday, May 8, 2009

Go west, old man

I had to get in the fast lane before I could start in the slow lane. I drove one of the Crossroads vehicles from Littleton to LA. The caravan left on Wednesday and traveled to St. George, Utah. We left at 5 am from St George to avoid Lost Vegas traffic. We arrived in LA before noon. Since I arrived it has been a whirlwind of activity. I started work aomost immediately assembling bikes for other riders. We had staff meetings for last minute details. I have met a number of other riders and they are the very nice people typical of riders.

When I moved from the Los Angeles area in 1975, there was a current saying "Can 12 million people all be wrong about living here?". The same saying applies today, except you can substitute a much larger number. I have said that I would live here again if I could live on the beach and not commute. I am not so sure I could do that now. In any case, I can't wait to head east out of LA. The first few days look to be rather warm with temps over 100. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a fine trip.
    I remember cycling the steep road up to Mount Rushmoor...nearly killed me. had to stop for a breather.
    All the best,
    John

    ReplyDelete