Sunday, May 31, 2009

Great Bend to McPherson




After yesterday's great tailwind, the forecast was for a south wind of 20 to 25 mph and we were heading east. A crosswind that strong could be dangerous for us. Fortunately, the wind was not that strong. After the SAG at 31.5 miles, the wind seemed to be out of the SSW. Our speeds picked up noticeably. The ride was mostly flat with a few small hills to climb. I rode with Tom and Bob for the first 25 miles, stopped to take pictures of other riders, and then rode in to the SAG with a large group.




I was in between groups after the SAG with no inclination to catch anyone for quite awhile. I finally did, rode ahead again, and then stopped for more rider pictures. It took me quite awhile to catch back up this time, all the way to McPherson's town limits. It was a fun day with equal parts of easy and hard riding. Here are some photos of my riding buddies, Hank, and Tom and Bob. I am meeting some 2005 XC riders this afternoon: Jim Heller and Jim and Deb Whitfill.

1 comment:

  1. Hey just read the blog for the first time. Good job. I miss you and the rest of the gang.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete